Lesson access board for online drafting courses This is the Access Board for the Online Drafting Courses created by Tim Davis. Once your tuition is received for whichever drafting course you're taking, an account will be created for you on this board. These courses are only available to registered students.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE ACCESS TO "ALL" OF MY COURSES? CLICK HERE!

+-

Mission

Drafting Certification

Credential: Certificate

The purpose of our Drafting Certificate program is to provide more than basic Architectural and Mechanical Drafting Skills. Our students will receive the skills to create complete Residential Construction, Survey, and Mechanical / Machine drawings. Subjects include drafting practices, and CAD software. Students are taught by a professional General Draftsman who has over 39 years drafting experience.

Certification of Achievement

Course Links

Related Links

Author Topic: Mr. Davis's 5th period class Quiz  (Read 962 times)

December 06, 2019, 12:33:50 PM
Read 962 times

Tim

• Master Draftsman and Architectural Designer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • If it's worth learning, it's worth learning right.
    • View Profile
    • House Plan Cad File Archive
Explain what you've learned so far in brief. 100 words minimum.
© [Tim Davis] [2018] All Rights Reserved
No part of this website or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted in any way, shape, form, of fashion without the prior written consent of the author, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials.

December 06, 2019, 12:51:19 PM
Reply #1

Migiggle

• Information
  • Total Student
    • View Profile
In this class I have learned many things about a new system called AutoCAD. AutoCAD is a Drafting system that lets you draw floor and house plans. I have learned many commands in AutoCAD like fillet and endP. We have also been drawing a house plan, and learning all the components that a house needs, like electrical, dimensioning, and the doors and window placements. We learned that there are more than one plan that goes into a full house plan, like electrical, elevational, floor plan, and the views of the house. The use of AutoCAD helps us “draw” floor plans and house plans much faster and easier than hand drawing for us.

December 06, 2019, 12:53:29 PM
Reply #2

baileyhicks

• Information
  • Total Student
    • View Profile
                        N. Bailey Hicks   5th
I have learned a lot in this class over the past few months. Before, I had never learned to use AutoCad and never wanted to. Now that I have been taught it, I am glad that I got the opportunity to learn it. It has progressed my learning so much in this field. I already knew how to use SolidWorks, but I believe it is best to know as much as you can. If I was not given the opportunity to learn another CAD system in this class, I probably would still be close-minded. I never knew how much went into designing a house. It is very interesting.

December 06, 2019, 12:56:01 PM
Reply #3

daniell.eaton

• Information
  • Total Student
    • View Profile
Logan Eaton
12/6/19

I have learned how to draw from the drafting board.  I didn't know how to do it for my first 2 years of being in here.  You have taught me how to build inside of autcocad.  I also learned that a majority of arch. are freelancers.  I have learned a number of commands inside of Autocad. 

December 06, 2019, 12:56:45 PM
Reply #4

DallasCouey

• Information
  • Total Student
    • View Profile
I have learned how to get the floor plan, side views, dimensions, and the electrical. They all took me some time to get the jist of them but now most of them are close to second nature. I have learned how most of the commands work and how they can be abbreviated. I have also learned how to effectively manage my lengths and angles to be exactly where I need to have them. I learned how all of these objects are required to make a well rounded house plan. The way of making a house plan is very simple and can be taught easily but it requires a certain knack for doing swiftly and correctly.-Dallas Couey 5TH

December 06, 2019, 01:02:46 PM
Reply #5

wiliama.grimmett

• Information
  • Total Student
    • View Profile
In this class I have been discovering the program of Auto Cad. Honestly it would not be my first choice, but I have been having a little fun creating the house plan. I have learned about the different plans that make up a whole design for the final draft that the customer receives. There is the elevation, electrical, floor plan, and the different views of the house. Within the program it has different commands that help you do different things. Some examples of commands are fillet, end P, midpoint, poly-line, etc. I am excited to continue the lessons or mechanical, so I can get to solid works and create 3-d objects.    :)

December 06, 2019, 01:04:04 PM
Reply #6

arielwilson

• Information
  • Total Student
    • View Profile
In the last semester I have learned, how to correctly build a house plan. I learned how to use the AutoCad system. Which is good because most drafting in other places use AutoCad. I learnt how to use the offset command, the trim command, how to change line types, how to rotate doors, and make separate levels. I learnt the separate type of engineering; architecture, electrical, woodwork, masonry, mechatronics, etc. I have learnt plan view, side views, dimensions, electrical, etc. I have learnt elevations. Base level, with the crawl space. You have taught me more about architecture than the last 2 years in drafting.

December 09, 2019, 09:31:03 AM
Reply #7

iiwil20

• Information
  • Total Student
    • View Profile
I have learned more in this drafting class in just a small time of just 4 months than any other class this year. I have learned a skill that I can take outside of this high school and make more money than I could ever imagine. I have learned how to design a house. I have learned how to work a computer program called AutoCadd. AutoCadd is a computer aided drafting program that allows you to draw and design houses as well as pretty much anything you could think of. So far in this program I have learned how to operate it through a drafting school class that has been supplied by my teacher. In the class, it has helped me understand how to operate the program with ease. This class has interested me more than any other class I’ve taken in these 3+ years I have been at this school.