Lesson access board for online drafting courses This is the Access Board for the Online Drafting Courses created by Tim Davis. Once your tuition is received for whichever drafting course you're taking, an account will be created for you on this board. These courses are only available to registered students.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE ACCESS TO "ALL" OF MY COURSES? CLICK HERE!

+-

Mission

Drafting Certification

Credential: Certificate

The purpose of our Drafting Certificate program is to provide more than basic Architectural and Mechanical Drafting Skills. Our students will receive the skills to create complete Residential Construction, Survey, and Mechanical / Machine drawings. Subjects include drafting practices, and CAD software. Students are taught by a professional General Draftsman who has over 39 years drafting experience.

Certification of Achievement

Course Links

Related Links

Author Topic: Mr. Davis's 4th period class Quiz  (Read 138 times)

December 06, 2019, 11:04:29 AM
Read 138 times

Tim

• Master Draftsman and Architectural Designer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • If it's worth learning, it's worth learning right.
    • View Profile
    • House Plan Cad File Archive
Explain what you've learned so far in brief.
© [Tim Davis] [2018] All Rights Reserved
No part of this website or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted in any way, shape, form, of fashion without the prior written consent of the author, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials.

December 06, 2019, 11:21:29 AM
Reply #1

bojones

• Information
  • Total Student
    • View Profile
I have learned a lot from the online drafting school courses. there are many things a person can learn from these courses. i have had the ability to learn a lot of these great things like: certain commands, adding layers, electrical. at the very beginning i learned how to draft by hand, which was helpful in the long run. a few days later i started on the auto-cad its pretty easy and self explanatory but i still had some to learn from these lessons even though sometimes it doesn't explain enough and you just have to figure out yourself.

December 06, 2019, 11:25:15 AM
Reply #2

Cigitine

• Information
  • Total Student
    • View Profile
you and your online drafting course have taught me the process of building and designing a house plan. you have shown how me how to do the outline of the house and, electrical wiring of a house. you have shown the process of making elevations for buildings not just houses i can also make the foundation of buildings. i have been taught on how to put all aspects of a house plan together to make a full plan for construction to start for the drawn plan. i was shown mechanical drawings and how to start them but i haven't been able to do a lot on mechanical drawings because i have been gone.
-Nevin Farmer

December 06, 2019, 11:25:31 AM
Reply #3

Brayden Hyde

• Information
  • Total Student
    • View Profile
I've learned within this semester how to use cad in a proficient way, I can successfully replicate a floorplan and how to possibly even MAKE my own,how is by using what we've learned with what examples we've been given about what a house should be, an example of this is how we know that a house's door should be 3 feet wide for wheelchair use, also there should be an 2nd exit other than the front door. With cad we've been taught commands that will make our drafting lives easier, by using commands like trim,fillet,line, and offset, we can very much do our job at a MUCH faster rate then before, we've also been given an excellent demonstration on how and when to use them,at the point with these commands we can very much do our job with success, and receive positive feedback from an expert on the field.-Brayden.H

December 06, 2019, 11:26:11 AM
Reply #4

BryceFlynn

• Information
  • Total Student
    • View Profile
I have learned there is many different types of drafting like mechanical drafting, architectural drafting, electrical drafting and more. I know there are different jobs you could do as a drafter like freelancing. I've also learned drafters know use computers to do their work instead of paper. I've learned some of the basics free hand drawing and some basics on the software auto cad. Drafters are important because someone has to draw out a building plan or blueprint before its built or it wouldn't be built right. I know when drafting a house they're is many different steps in it like designing a floor plan, site plan, electrical, measurements, and survey plans. -Bryce Flynn

December 06, 2019, 11:28:36 AM
Reply #5

JohnathanG

• Information
  • Total Student
    • View Profile
    What I've learned in this class so far is how to form houses using CAD. I've learned things such as using offset to help put things in motion. There other tools that I've learned to use along the way that have helped me in class. Some others such as Line for an example. With more like Erase or Fillet, that can do things such as erase things or fillet things. Those have especially taught me how to do Architecture and Engineering in the class.  8) If I'm not mistaken, they might be the most important commands in all of history.

- Sir Francis Johnathan Gray

December 06, 2019, 11:44:18 AM
Reply #6

zachariaha.bredwell

• Information
  • Total Student
    • View Profile
I've learned how to install furniture into my single story house plan. I've put in a refrigerator, stove, sinks for the bathrooms and a sink for the kitchen, washer and dryer, water heater, toilets, and bathtubs. I've added different types of wall outlets, light fixtures, a telephone jack, smoke detectors, different light switches for multiple lights. After I was done connecting the wires from the light switches to the lights the floor plan began to look a lot more neat. I started my second layer to the house which was some what difficult because I didn't quite understand how to make it but then I got the hang of it. I offset the perimeter walls to the outside and the inside by 4' and turned the lines I offset into hidden lines. I put lines in the drawing starting from the left and I offset them by 6' and they had a 6' space in between the lines so I would know where to put the concrete cinder block pillars in the middle of the lines. - Zac B.

December 06, 2019, 11:44:56 AM
Reply #7

brockd.weir

• Information
  • Total Student
    • View Profile
 Brock Weir

I have learned a lot in architecture this year. I came into architecture not knowing really much on how to do anything this year but i think ive really improved. Ive learned how to draw on the board better and getting my dimensions right and not messing up as much on them. I have also got a lot better on the computers this year when in my previous years in architecture i didnt know how to use any of the softwares. Thats about all ive learned this year in architecture i hope to learn more during the next semester.

December 06, 2019, 11:48:44 AM
Reply #8

marcusbolden

• Information
  • Total Student
    • View Profile
I learned how to draw a house plan on a poster; what is under a house protect to cause mold to the house; a roof plan; a cad on the computers; how to put furniture and etc. in a house plan; how to use endp, offset ,filet trim, line, dimension, per, change colors of the wall, put the windows in, insert, mirror, rotate; throw table is a reference drawing; the McMinn County high school house plan looks like; if someone else is behind we all are behind; how to save my work on the computer; don't be late to class; how to use a triangle on paper
Marcus Bolden

December 06, 2019, 11:51:15 AM
Reply #9

pablo

• Information
  • Total Student
    • View Profile
Pablo Velazquez

Lo que he aprendio en esta clase in this years  apreni how draw a hose de muchas maneras aprendi how many son sus medidas
que tan grande puede ser una habitacion  aprendi como usar una computa y como saber las areas de ancho de una pared
tambien como se hace y mide una ventana something es dependiendo lo largo k se lleva una casa grande tambien como se debe ventilar un actico para que si quedan atrapados puedan sobrevivir al frio o no mueran  aun me falta aprender mucho de esta clase tal vez por mi retraso de aprendisaje no puedo lograr aprender ni otras medidas que puedan ser tambien importantes para hacer un mejor trabajo y dejar una casa hecha muy bien