Lesson access board for online drafting courses This is the Access Board for the Online Drafting Courses created by Tim Davis. Once your tuition is received for whichever drafting course you're taking, an account will be created for you on this board. These courses are only available to registered students.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE ACCESS TO "ALL" OF MY COURSES? CLICK HERE!

+-

Mission

Drafting Certification

Credential: Certificate

The purpose of our Drafting Certificate program is to provide more than basic Architectural and Mechanical Drafting Skills. Our students will receive the skills to create complete Residential Construction, Survey, and Mechanical / Machine drawings. Subjects include drafting practices, and CAD software. Students are taught by a professional General Draftsman who has over 39 years drafting experience.

Certification of Achievement

Course Links

Related Links

Author Topic: Making it look more like a house LESSON  (Read 2132 times)

June 09, 2015, 01:25:06 PM
Read 2132 times

KEllis

• Information
  • Complete Floor Plans
    • View Profile
Hello Tim,

I need some help with this lesson to make sure it goes smooth going forward on other lessons.  I have the exterior walls and the walls of the hallway drawn totally makes sense.  The issue I am having is choosing the side of existing lines to draw the 4" parralel on. The reason is that my dimensions will differ from yours depending on which side of the original lines I choose and will change the layout of rooms.  Please shed some light on this process. Thanks for your time.

June 09, 2015, 03:05:04 PM
Reply #1

Tim

• Master Draftsman and Architectural Designer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • If it's worth learning, it's worth learning right.
    • View Profile
    • House Plan Cad File Archive
Hello Tim,
I need some help with this lesson to make sure it goes smooth going forward on other lessons.  I have the exterior walls and the walls of the hallway drawn totally makes sense.  The issue I am having is choosing the side of existing lines to draw the 4" parralel on. The reason is that my dimensions will differ from yours depending on which side of the original lines I choose and will change the layout of rooms.  Please shed some light on this process. Thanks for your time.

OK, if you have drawn your "outer perimeter walls" exactly to the "outer overall dimensions" and your hall wall lines according to instructions, it all should work out. Start back from the beginning, step by step, and see if it works out then. It has worked out for everyone mathematically for years now.

HINT: offset the very front wall of the house up 10'-6" and then offset that line up 3'-0" and see what you come up with.
© [Tim Davis] [2017] All Rights Reserved
No part of this website or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted in any way, shape, form, of fashion without the prior written consent of the author, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials.

June 09, 2015, 07:13:53 PM
Reply #2

KEllis

• Information
  • Complete Floor Plans
    • View Profile
OK Tim, after rereading the lesson for the 80th time I think I got it. Just to make sure...

Perimeter copied 4" inside
Hall copied 4" outside
ALL OTHER WALLS 2" ON EITHER SIDE - This is the part that I missed.

So does all that sound like I have it right?

July 10, 2015, 11:33:32 AM
Reply #3

Tim

• Master Draftsman and Architectural Designer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • If it's worth learning, it's worth learning right.
    • View Profile
    • House Plan Cad File Archive
Outstanding. I think you got it.
© [Tim Davis] [2017] All Rights Reserved
No part of this website or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted in any way, shape, form, of fashion without the prior written consent of the author, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials.